Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DAWN LOADS OF YESTERDAYS....

"What a long strange trip its been"!!! Moving is a traumatic ordeal at any age, but particularly when you have lived in a place for 56 years...the roots grow deep and spread wide....when they get pulled, it is not without much ado....much dirt lifted and ground misplaced....I feel like that plant I pulled up today in the garden....naked, roots dangling, bare and exposed. My friend Sandy Martin says "life is all about changes"...I use to laugh at her and tell her to "shut it"..but it is so very true....nothing stays the same...time does indeed, not stand still for anyone. So given that small but important detail, I press on toward the mark of the high calling to which I have been called by the Lover of my soul...to heights I can not see, over hard roads I would rather not go down...
For some reason the other morning when I got up and looked out my window towards the mountains, through the pines to the sunrise, these words came to me...DAWN LOADS OF YESTERDAYS.....I have yet to know all that these words mean to me, but am beginning to contemplate them ...... so many dawns have come..so many still to see...another chance...another day for beginnings....My good friend and therapist keeps reminding me that I change "from glory to glory"...and though the road is rarely easy, the burden, when placed in the proper hands, is relatively light...
And so, I go on toward the day that has been given me.......I only have this one.....I can bemoan what has passed, or dream towards tomorrow, but today is all I have...not even today, but only this moment....so, go forward my friends....go forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment