Friday, May 1, 2009

MAY DAY

You know how that saying goes.."this is the first day of the rest of your life"? Well, I always thought that was poppycock.....but I think I may change my mind... you see, today is a very important day in my life. A day that will forever redefine May day for me. Last year at this time, it WAS indeed a cry for help on that explosive May Day.....this year, it will be replaced by a beautiful, meaningful May day....so it could really be called the first day of the rest of my life. Beginnings. Ends. They seem to all run together sometimes. Like the song I was introduced to this week...the one about "where joy and sorrow meet". It seems to sum up the whole of this last year, culminating in today. It is the place at Jesus feet where this phenom occurs. It is a place in the spirit, the heart, the mind, the soul. It can not be touched by human hands. It can not be seen with human eyes. It lies in the mystery of those things that ,unless we are still enough inside, we can not understand. I have learned so much in this last year about myself, and the worth of those things will never be calculated on this side of heaven. So this early morning in May, on May Day, I sit and ponder the pain, the soul searching, the cries, the love, the agony and joy of life...my life....and am thankful that I have lived it....that I have lived through it....that I have lived it in victory, continuing on the journey of my hinds feet on high places....and I thank my God that He has loved me enough to not leave me in the places I have been, but ruffles my nest to move me outward, upward and onward....falling and rising for sure, but always with His wings at the ready to catch me before I hit bottom....And so, with Him at my side, I celebrate this day of new beginnings...it is after all, May Day....

No comments:

Post a Comment