Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today in reading, I am struck how, like Abraham, I have doubted that God could take this old marriage, this tattered relationship, these broken people, and make it prosper...but He has. And I, like Abraham, must hold on to the promises that He gave me during the dark night of my soul, and grasp them for dear life as I blindly grapple my way back to the light of day. "Hope being GONE, he hoped in faith and did not weaken when he saw the circumstances before him impossible...but he grew strong and was empowered by faith AS he gave praise and glory to God. Above all, he, Abraham, was fully assured and satisfied that God was ABLE and MIGHTY to keep His word and to DO what He had promised." And so it is with me...all my life, I have had nothing to have faith in except my God. That, I have held on to...and will continue to hold on to, until that day when my faith becomes my eyes....He has never left me, or forsaken me...He has loved me with an everlasting unchanging strong grasping love....that, no one can ever take away from me...though my heart and flesh may fail, He will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment