Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Power of Stillness

Taken from STREAMS IN THE DESERT...."There is a place of stillness that allows God the opportunity to work for us and give us peace. It is a stillness that ceases our scheming , self-vindication and the search for a temporary means to an end through our own wisdom and judgement. Instead, it lets God provide an answer through His unfailing and faithful love, to the cruel blow we have suffered. Oh how often we thwart Gods intervention on our behalf by taking up our own cause or striking a blow in our defense. May God grant us this silent power."

I have lived my life in anxiety and fear. I have therefore, tried to be in "control" of all that surrounded me, to protect me from being hurt or surprised....however, it turns out that in trying to be in control, I lost control...of who I was, who I was designed to be in this world. Trying to control the outer turmoil, I created and lived with an inner turmoil which had a far greater capacity to destroy me than any outer source could conceive. The inner turmoil seems also a much harder place to try and correct the damage done....but the place where I am going to, the road that I am choosing to travel each day, in each moment, with each breath and each thought, is peace.....by letting go of the past, whether moments ago or decades ago, and pressing on towards a higher calling of peace... with my self first and my neighbor next.

No comments:

Post a Comment