Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sad....

Sad day yesterday...too many reasons to list....felt like my feet weighed a ton and my heart even heavier....kept my head above water though and that, for me is a great accomplishment in itself! God gave me a song that I have never even heard by an artist I thought that I had listened to every song he ever made. Here are the lyrics.....

Stand on the corner I watch my breath freeze in the air
See how it lifts and then vanishes
But I know You're still there
I've got nowhere else to go
Cause the only life that I know comes from You

And I can't walk away
Though the truth is that it can be so hard to wait
When a million voices whisper and they tell me I should leave
Into the shadows that the moon casts
On these alleys and these streets
But I know that chasing shadows won't get me anywhere
Cause I've been there

So I stand on the promise
Cause I know that the promise is sure
That it comes from beyond us and tells us again
That there's a whole 'nother world
Well the one I'm in keeps spinning 'round
But I want to stay right here cause I found You

So I'm waiting for you Jesus
Cause I know that those who wait
They will mount with wings like eagles
They will run and not grow faint
They will walk and not grow weary
And their strength shall be renewed
So I'm waiting on You
Come back soon
Cause I'm waiting on You.

rich mullins

No comments:

Post a Comment