Friday, March 20, 2009

SURELY!!!

Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me..." Follow. What does that MEAN? Do goodness and mercy actually follow us around....picking up the pieces as the Lord leads? Does it mean to follow, making sure we do the right things, looking over our shoulders? Does it mean to follow as to keep in line or in step as we should? Checking up on us? Well, that is what I woke up with on my mind this morning....so I did a little searching for some kind of clarity for myself. Not much time to pursue it this morning, but will keep my eyes open and ears to the Spirit who speaks truth and love to me.....
"Will follow" - YADA - yawdah - a primitive root to know (properly, to ascertain by seeing), used in a great variety of senses, figuratively, literally, euphemistically and inferentially (including observation, care, recognition; and causatively, instruction, designation, punishment, etc.) - to acknowledge, acquaintance, advise, answer, appoint, be aware, comprehend, consider, declare, be diligent, cause to discern, discover, familiar friend, feel, instruct, kinsman, cause to know, come to give knowledge, understand........"
And those are just a few of the definitions I found from Strong's. I like them. They comfort me on a different level than just the seemingly mysterious words "will follow". I like them, I feel them....but especially the one that says "familiar friend".... that kind of friend knows HOW to follow....to give you what is good for you at any particular time and in all particular circumstances...and in VERY particular ways. Ways that only you know come from the heart of that friend. Mercy and Goodness. What friends!!! To follow me... to do for ME, ALL of the above stated definitions! Mercy......Goodness......who better to have my back walking through this life?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment